The Trafalgar Tavern was built in 1837, the year Queen Victoria ascended to the throne. Prior to the Trafalgar there was a small inn, The Old George, which served local fisherman. It was a popular public house due to its prominent position on the River Thames as well as being close to Greenwich Hospital, the Woolwich Dockyard and Westminster. The Trafalgar Tavern is quite simply a tribute to Old London and Maritme history, a place where the past can live on in the present. Currently the menu offers authentic English bar snacks, including traditional Whitebait, and an a la carte selection of dishes, with an extensive wine list and real ales to complement.
Photo from Wikimedia Commons